After the recent carmageddon caused by the flash floods here in Metro Manila, I decided to list my top 5 gadgets or items to make the pain more bearable.
1. Powerbank – While power banks are a dime a dozen nowadays, try to choose one with enough output (2W or more) and preferably with more than one USB ports so you and your companions won’t have to fight on who will charge first.
2. USB car charger – Similar to a powerbank, however if you’re stuck in your car this might be a better alternative, plus you don’t need to remember to charge it. Again, try to get one with dual USB ports.
3. APPS – Since you’ll be spending a few hours stuck on the road, might as well try to keep yourselves occupied with Spotify, and iflix. If you want to get the latest traffic update then Waze is probably the best one.
4. Sustenance- With the unpredictability of carmageddon, it might be a good idea to always keep a bottle of water or soda and some light snacks with you.
5. Urine (jingle) bag – Laugh if you want but when you have to go let’s see if you’re still laughing. At first I thought this would be just for guys but apparently they have for women and children as well. For us guys, you can probably use an empty bottle. Just make sure it's not an empty Mountain Dew bottle.
There you go. My top 5 essentials to survive carmageddon. Let’s hope you'll never have to use them. Especially number 5.